In retirement, your clients' tax rates may vary widely over the years based on the timing and order in which they use different sources of money to pay for living expenses. You want to help them apply the tax code in an organized and efficient way. They need a retirement tax strategy that will: identify the types of taxes faced at various stages, address how taxes impact Social Security and Medicare, and plan when to tap different accounts so they don’t overpay taxes.
At this workshop, you will learn:
- The critical tax question your clients must answer BEFORE retirement
- The surprises that often make retirement more expensive
- What the Social Security “tax trap” is and how you can help clients avoid it
- Why tapping assets in the wrong order can trigger higher Medicare premiums
- The four stages of retirement and important tax actions in each stage, including tricky IRA challenges
- Mistakes to avoid when it comes to investment portfolios, health care, and estate plans
Workshop attendees earn up to one hour of CPE credit in Taxes.
Horsesmouth, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www. learningmarket.org.
Date and Time
Tue, Dec 07, 2021
8:30a - 9:30a HST
Occidental Building - Ground Floor Conference Room
Free parking is located in front of the building accessible from Beretania Street.